Updated: Sep 13, 2021
Sometimes going back to the basics is helpful. Here are a few Small and Mighty ways to take care of yourself each day:
1) Before getting out of bed in the morning, pause and take a deep breath. Reach your arms over your head and stretch out your hands and feet.
2) Each evening leave a bottle of water on your nightstand. In the morning, start the day hydrated!
3) Give yourself the gift of compassion. When things don't go as planned, rather than beat yourself up, pause and recognize that life is about making adjustments. Take a few deep breaths and reach into your "Thinking Mind" and ask yourself, "where do I need to go from here"?
4) Get outside a few times a day, even if it's just for a few minutes. Air and Sun can change your perspective for the better.
5) Day Dream. Give yourself permission to just stop and think of a moment that brought/brings you joy.
6) Purposely Smile. Smiling gives a signal to your body you are safe and releases "feel-good" neurons to make you feel better.